Thursday 28 December 2006

The Grand Finale

Firstly i would like to apologise for the picture for some reason they aren't showing anymore and i have no idea why...so for now...errr...just read the captions and IMAGINE there is something there haha until i can do something about it which right now is a little bit of an issue with the erm...poor connectivity in malaysia due to the earthquakes in Taiwan, i should be glad i can even post this message haha.

So how was my year 2006?

Like every other year there have been lots of up and lots of downs. It thus far has proved to be a valuable experience of a year where i think this really has been a turning point in my life and i have matured(well kinda).

It all really slapped me in the face when i recieved my results at the end of 2005 and all i can say is i did really poorly and its not something i can be proud of. Year 2006 came and i saw a knew light on life my parents had given me a 3rd chance and i thank them and am ever so grateful for this opportunity to continue with my education which, im not sure if most of you know, almost ended at that time. The year actually began with a bang a new girlfriend, uni was sorted, on good term with all my friends and parents gave me another chance at really hitting the books and doing something with my life. No sooner had i left back to Melbourne did things really start to fall on me all over again.

-The loss of the new girlfriend
-Constant distractions such as clubbing and football
-The poor work produced at uni

It really wasn't looking to good at the beginning where i strayed significantly from all the important things that i needed to focus on and it seemed rather familiar. I felt i was throwing away another year and this really hit me after mid year exams(ya i know a bit late) where i had failed a subject. I realised then i had to buck up. In conjunction with my passing grandfather which i watched passed away infront of my own eyes and was truly traumatised, but my father told me he always feared of passing away alone and hungry. His fear was never realised as my grandfather passed while choking on his favourite food, ironically, and all if not most family members were present so thank god that he really did see the end of his life on a positive note. It was to be a real eye opener for me and may my grandfathers legacy live in all of us. At this point i realised i needed to do well i couldn't slack any further if not marcus and all my good friends in my junior year will be catching up with me! and i had to work hard for myself and for my future.

Of course the year hadn't been all bleak and dark haha far from it! alot of joyous memories came from it! the year i turn 18! into a man! haha or as my brother would say wahhh tai chai sang kuku mo LoL, A few of my cousins were to find their partners for life(or at least i hope so!) and joined in holy matrimony congradz to pat and paul and a few of my other cousins who saw the inside of a church! or at least those who chose to hah and to my god brother who will be getting married in a short 2 days time. But there have also been end to relationships which have been great and the centre of my admiration for years to come, one of which was my brothers which didn't last very long but am ever so grateful didn't last very long! and hope some day will get married haha. Another of which was my realli good frends who saw an end to a beautiful relationship but my hope and prayers are with them to hopefully find that spark to reignite their wonderful relationship they had. Man Utd are also playing FANTASTICALLY and Reading did us a massive favour by owning Chelsea's keepers which were their most important players. In terms of my own sporting achievements i've shared many ups and downs from scoring screamers and given nicknames to, unfortunately, given the title butterfingers and poor keeping but finished division 4 champions! err... yay? haha

So the end of year approaches and second semester draws to a conclusion...a positive conclusion! although there was some complications i did it! i passed first year successfully! and i was proud and fully satisfied. I would then come back to Malaysia to start work at the advertising agency TBWA/ISC+Tequila/Mylo, where i would see and experience so many of the work worlds great things. Where i witnessed one of the final products of the company's achievements in the form of Salem's Revelation 2006 Melaka and later on go on to help with other subsequent events. I was to move onto further better things, my ex that i have been desperately avoiding since the break up, have made amends! i got a new laptop!which my parents were more than happy to purchase for me upon my success of completing first year. Finally the my overseas trip for the first time to Vietnam proved to be a very interesting and entertaining journey as blogged before i managed to achieve one of the things i wanted to do before i die!

Because i will be heading to Macau in a short 3 days i thought that it would be best, not knowing how stable my internet connection is at home, that i should write this in the office before i leave, since i have officially finished work for 2006.

As the year rapidly comes to an end I would like to wish everybody who reads this(if any) a very safe and extremely happy new year! and may 2007 be full of joy for you and your family, i know most will be heading overseas i wish you guys all the best! and those joining me in melbourne, be prepared for an entertaining year with the notorious crew consisting of marcus, me, wy kit, jon and ben sum

ENJOY LIFE IT ONLY HAPPENS FOR YOU ONCE!

No comments: